Friday, July 30, 2010

A busy friday

I have always wanted to be busy - but lately I am "unproductively busy"! This is a term I associate with "busy for no reason" or your time does not count for your own growth and benefit. But at least it is good that someone else gets benefited.

Day started at 7.30 AM, had 2 cups of tea followed by toilet trips. At 8.30, took the weed remover and deweeded a sizable part of the vegetable bed that needed some work for a long time. I have been asking Pramod to do that  for a long time, but it falls in deaf ears. At 9.00 AM got a call from my excolleagues from Canada, who wants help with TST FDR code written in R. She sends me 2 papers to read on. I thought what the heck, let me play one chess match with the computer. At about 10.30 AM I am done with my share of chess for the day. While reading on the 2 papers on FDR analysis and intermittently checking errors with the naming of the genes of a newly sequenced genome(the paper has been submitted to science with me as a lead author - needs to be corrected before the review process begins!). Then Another call at 1 PM. This person is my former Post Doc. (lately we are in touch. This person suddenly disappeared in 2004 because she could not handle work given by me!). She is setting up a company; needs help with the free content management software for the web page! I have set up a company a year ago, but due to my unproductiveness I could not even set up my web page yet! Irony, I will set up her web page instead of working on my own..

At 1.35 PM I have realized that there is a guest invited to our house at 8 PM, so got to cook, so I started cooking till 3.30 PM. Zumba class at 5.00 PM. Then I got to go to 2 houses to deliver the stuff I have cooked today(One supplied me with Indian spinach which I used for cooking today and the other needs help because she delivered a baby not so long ago.). May be yoga at 7.00 PM followed by working on deweeding that I had initiated. Then watering the plants. At 10 PM probably I will sit with the gene nomenclature that I had started. Sigh, another friday gone without doing much of my own work...Probably, I will have to stress on FDR/content management software tomorrow. Another weekend gone without me doing my company work!!
This is what I cooked today.

No comments: